Shikha Mittra AIF®, CFP®, CMFC®, CRPS®, PPC®, RMA®,MBA
“Helping people in need is what drives me. It’s who I am.” - Shikha Mittra
Shikha has over twenty years of industry experience working with top level executives (both in public and private sectors), business owners and self-employed professionals. Shikha is a NJ Fee only financial planner.
Previously, she worked for two major fortune 500 companies and received several awards for her work. She has been rated as one of the top Financial Planners in the Country since 2006.
She also has been quoted in several media such as CNBC etc.
- Coauthor of “Comprehensive Strategies for Physicians and their Advisors”(2015) ( CRC)
- Editor” Finance for Non -finance Majors”(McGraw Hill)
- Teaching Faculty at Rutgers State University, New Brunswick, NJ (present)
- Leadership Council Member of NSBA (National Small Business Association) (2015-present)
- Regional Board Member of NAPFA (2011 to 2013)
- Board of Directors Leadership Award from NAPFA (2013)
- Board of Trustees of Financial Planning Association of New Jersey Chapter (2008-2011)
- Advisory Board Member of the” Journal of Financial Planning” (2008-2009).
- Speaker at various non-profit events.
- Provide pro bono work to seniors who cannot afford a planner.
Education & Certifications:
ACCREDITED INVESTMENT FIDUCIARY (AIF®): Signifies knowledge of fiduciary responsibility & the ability to implement policies & procedures that meet a defined standard of care.
Anyone can claim to be a fiduciary. An AIF designee has gone through rigorous training based on law to employ uniform, industry-recognized processes for developing, managing and monitoring investment strategy based solely on your specific investment needs.
Designees are also trained to evaluate the fiduciary practices of investment stewards such as 401(k) and defined benefit plan sponsors and those responsible for managing endowment and foundation assets.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM
- CHARTERED MUTUAL FUND COUNSELOR (CMFC®): Can help choose which funds best meet client’s needs from saving for college, building a nest egg for retirement, choosing investments for your 401K plan to managing your portfolio.
- CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLAN SPECIALIST (CRPS®): As retirement plan options evolve and tax complexities increase, a CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLANS SPECIALIST can help 401K plan sponsors to implement, oversee in designing, installing, and maintaining their company retirement plans.
- CERTIFIED CASH BALANCE CONSULTANT: Specialized designation to help high earning self-employed clients choose retirement plans to optimize their contributions and deductions.
- Pension Plan Consultant (PPC®): Designation signifies specialized training on retirement plan management and administration and ERISA compliance. The designation is the culmination of a rigorous training program, including a comprehensive, closed-book final examination under the supervision of a proctor, and agreement to abide by the Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards.
- RETIREMENT MANAGEMENT ADVISOR® (RMA®): The RMA designation signifies that an individual has met initial and on-going experience, ethical, education, and examination requirements for the professional designation, which is centered on retirement management topics and strategies. Prerequisites for the RMA designation are: a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or one of the following designations or licenses: CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC ®, CFA®, CFP®, ChFC®, or CPA license; have an acceptable regulatory history as evidenced by FINRA Form U-4 or other regulatory requirements and three years of experience in financial services. RMA designees have completed a rigorous educational process that includes an online course, in-person educational Capstone and successful completion of a comprehensive examination. RMA designees are required to adhere to the Investments & Wealth Institute Code of Professional Responsibility and Rules and Guidelines for Use of the Marks. RMA designees must report 40 hours of continuing education credits, including two ethics hours, every two years to maintain the certification. The designation is administered through the Investments & Wealth Institute.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
A personal CFO:
A personalized touch. We only work with a new client if we can serve them personally.
We invest in tools and technologies that directly help our clients. Not unnecessary personnel that dilute our effectiveness, inflate our operating costs and adversely impact our fees.
We are efficiently supported by hundreds of support staff at custodians, research, and technology partners.